Thursday, June 19, 2008

Never leave the hose unattended

My sweet boys (ha ha) asked if they could go outside and play in the mud.  "Just stick our toes in and wiggle them, Mom".  So I said OK.  This was my mistake.  Not 3 minutes later I start hearing thuds... They had decided to mud-bomb the side of the house... the barbecue... their bikes... the A/C unit... everything!  Atticus had mud down his shirt and all over his head.  I was so mad!  I told them not to get too dirty because I didn't have time to clean it all up.  We're in the middle of packing boxes to move and I don't even have time to do the regular chores, much less clean up muddy kids, muddy floors, muddy house, etc.  I wish I'd taken pictures.  It was horrid.  At least Karis played quietly by herself while I hosed them down and then took them in and forced them to actually wash in the shower instead of spending 45 minutes pretending to sink the Titanic only to get out and declare that they've "forgotten" to wash.....

No comments: